Velcro Window Screen
FREE DELIVERY ACROSS EUROPE ON ALL ORDERS €60+ or more (save €22)
3 DAY OCTOBER SUPER SALE … Don’t Miss Out
Velcro Edged Flexible Screens
x2 great frame colours in either a standard insect mesh, with super fine midge mesh or pet mesh
- Standard Mesh – suitable for all insects, flies and mosquitos
- Midge Mesh – also suitable for all insects, flies and mosquitos – but has a tighter weave that will also prevent Midges (what are Midges? – click here)
- Pet Mesh – suitable for all insects, flies and mosquitos and indestructible from any pet claws
DUE TO CURRENT DEMAND
PLEASE ALLOW 5-7 DAYS DELIVERY
Order the frame size that is slightly larger than the window you want to screen – you are able to easily cut the frame to fit (with a cutting blade or strong scissors – no tradesman tools required).
DIY Adjustable Window Screens adhere to your window frame on all 4 sides by a continuous strip of 20mm width self-adhesive VELCRO® Brand fastener providing a slim and discreet appearance.
EASY TO USE
PERFECT FOR ODD SHAPED WINDOWS
How To Install A Velcro Insect Window Screen
- Clean the surface of your window frame to remove any dust, grease, or oil.
- Use an alcohol base cleaner as a final wipe to ensure that the surface is spotless, allow to dry.
- Carefully fit the self adhesive VELCRO® Brand fastener onto the now clean & dry surface. Do so when the room temperature is 18°C or higher in non-humid conditions. If the temperature is low, warm the frame and the VELCRO® Brand fastener with a hair dryer, or fan heater in an effort to increase the bond.
- WARNING: Do not pre-cut the VELCRO® strip and attach to the screen; fix directly to the window frame, one side at a time and then cut.
- WARNING: Do not touch the adhesive strip with fingers, and ensure your scissors are clean and sharp.
- Hold the VELCRO® fastener strip on the edges between your thumb and forefinger, & gently peel back the liner (without touching the glue) to about 25mm (1″) and place in position on the window frame.
- Continue down one side of the window frame peeling back the strip liner as you go. Proceed with the other sides of frame.
- Apply pressure to the strip of the installed VELCRO® fastener with a teaspoon or similar utensil.
- By applying pressure this activates the ‘Pressure Sensitive Glue’, so it is important to pay special attention to the corners as these are often missed.
- The VELCRO® fastener will eventually come away from the window frame if sufficient pressure is not applied, and if this happens it cannot be reused.
- WARNING: The VELCRO® fastener cannot be re-positioned if you make a mistake. You will need to start again with new VELCRO® strips. When doing so ensure there are no traces of glue left behind and the surface is spotless again.
- WARNING: Allow 24 hours for the glue to harden thoroughly before installing your screen.
Which payment methods are accepted?
We currently only accept credit card payments, PayPal & Crypto currency. More payment methods will be added in the future.
What currency are the prices displayed in?
All of our prices are displayed in € EURO.
What are your delivery options and how long will it take?
- EUROPE: Free delivery, 5-7 days
- Other countries: Free delivery, 5-7 days
Do I get a receipt for my order?
You will be sent a receipt for your order by email after payment is made. You will also receive a confirmation email with a tracking number once your item has been shipped.
Do you have a shop location?
How do I know if my order has been shipped?
Once your order is shipped, it will be marked as complete in our database and you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number.
I haven't received my order yet! Is it lost?
If you have any concerns with your order, please contact our support team by email and they will be glad to assist you. Most emails are answered within 1 business day.
Support Team: [email protected]
Have A Question Before Buying?
Velcro Window Insect Screens
Can I try out the insect screens one window at a time?
In fact, we encourage you to do so. We know that when you try out the effectiveness of our screens by buying only 1-2 units for those windows where mosquitoes (and other insects) enter your house – you will absolutley love them and will want to install these screens on every window.
What is the screen made of?
Answer: The screen is made of durable and quality materials, that are hardly visible (aesthetics), that do not rust or shrink and are washable.
It comprises of:-
The fly screen mesh is Phiferglass, standard 18 X 16 (thread count per square inch) mesh insect screening, and is woven from permanent glass yarn, coated with a protective vinyl to ensure lasting beauty, color and flexibility. It is produced under the most exacting conditions to meet extremely rigid specifications. Phiferglass is noncombustible and will not rust, corrode or stain. Dark Phiferglass screens offer the best outward visibility of the product line.
The frame is made from fabric 25mm wide
Velcro Strip Adhesive
To attach to your window frame – a self adhesive velcro tape roll is supplied.
Is it easy to install?
Yes, it is.
There is no need for any tradesman equipment or tools. Every boxed set of velcro insect screens comes with detailed instructions that you can easily follow.
It should take about 10-15mins to set up each screen.
First timers may take a little longer to measure, cut, assemble the flyscreen and then install onto the frame. But rest assured that with some practice and confidence, following installations will take much less time to complete.
We do recommend you spend considerable time ensuring your existing window (frame area) is free of dust & oil. This will ensure that the self adhesive velcro strip secures to your window frame well which will in turn keep the flyscreen firmly attached.
For ease of setup, use a good and clear working floor space where you can easily lay down the flyscreen frame as you do the set up.
Do you provide an installation service?
With that said we do understand that some people prefer to engage hassle-free installation service.
Is the size of the screens fixed? I only see set sizes on your website
Our velcro insect screens can be easily customised (ie cut to fit any window size)– at the time of installation.
The custom fitting of the screen to your specific window is done when installing by cutting the Fabric frame to a size to fit your window.
We recommend you buy a one of the screen sizes slightly larger than the window you wish to install it on – so you can cut the frame to size.
To help you save money & to minimize waste, we provide set standard sizes that you can buy – which match closely average window sizes across the globe.
You can also request a custom size by visiting:-https://simplescreens.net/quote/custom-velcro-window-screens
Will it fit my window?
Answer: YES…. These screens can be fitted on any window frame.
It is suitable for most window types: sliding, push-out casement, louvres.
The screen affixes to your window frame using a strong self adhesive velcro strip. This adhesive can attach to all types of surfaces, including: aluminum alloy, PVC, plastic, wood, steel etc
How do I measure me window so I know the size of flyscreen is best for my window?
The idea is that you measure your existing window using the method shown and then choose the next closest size to buy. For example, if your window size is 112cm x 95cm, choose 150cm x 100cm
What colour is the flyscreen mesh?
Standard Screen: grey mesh
Midge Mesh: black mesh
Pet Mesh: black mesh
Whilst the mesh is a darker colour .... they are completely see through and does not interrupt the natural flow of light coming through your window.
Will the velcro strip be effective over long periods time?
The self adhesive velcro strip will not lose its effectiveness and shape under normal home use conditions.
The adhesives used to stick the velcro strip to the window frame is from a the leading 3M company.
How long will the screen last?
Our screens are manufactured to last for more than 10 years under normal use.
If for any reasons any of the other parts faulter (eg. mesh is torn), you can easily buy a replacement part from us without having to fully replace the window screen.
We have readily available accessories for all of our screens which allow you to make minor repairs easily when/if required.
Will ventilation of brightness of my house be affected by the screens?
No it will not
The window mesh appears invisible from any distance further than a few feet.
This is the primary reason we do not make the mesh out of other colours (example: white, green).
If you allow the window mesh to become very dusty (after a few months of use), you will see a film of on it.
To return it back to its original (new looking) condition – simply remove the screen and wash it (see how to wash your screen tip in this set of FAQ’s)
For ventilation of your space, normal airflow is not affected by the newly installed screens and air will be able to move freely in and out of your house.
In fact, this is the one of the main reasons why our customers install our screens: in an effort to keep the windows open (allowing airflow) while keeping the mosquitoes, lizards, flying cockroaches and other creepy crawlies out.
Can I make multiple screens from x1 big screen?
Is your screen better than the cheaper velcro versions?
Answer: Hell yeah - please do not even compare our screen to those cheap nasty looking velcro versions you get on Amazon or Ebay
You have probably heard the saying "you get what you pay for". This applies if ever you decide to purchase a cheap velcro flyscreen.
A number of our customers have commented to us that they initially purchased the cheap velcro-based insect screens.
Here is some of the things they said about velcro based window screens......
- "An absolute waste of money. Came with no real directions, and the weird knobby "tape" stopped sticking after 24 hours! A useless product. Too bad I got so mad about it not working that I threw it away, now I can't return it 🙁 "
- The adhesive on the Velcro would not stick to the window frame. We bought it for three windows, two of which were in the sun and one that is in constant shade. It was obvious that the adhesive on the ones in the sun was melting and would not stick. The one in the shade lasted a little while longer and then fell off also. I might mention that we live in Texas and the high is often 90 degrees or above.
- It is basically a piece of mesh fabric you can get from a fabric store for Halloween costume and a roll of double sided tape - all shipped all the way from China which you can easily buy from a store
- The product did not do what it was advertised for.. the fabric pulled away every time the wind blew. Need to improve the anchoring system..
How do I clean the screen?
Cleaning is very easy and simple.
It is an idea to wash your new window screen once every 1-2 months or even more if you find the mesh is dusty..
The way to clean your screen is by placing your screen against the wall or even hang it on a clothesline, and simply hose it down with water.
Alternatively, you can use a soft sponge or cloth, with some gentle detergent.
After washing simply let the screen drip dry.
General cleaning of your Velcro Window screen will not affect the velcro strips.
Some of our customers also like to quickly vacuum the screen while it is still on the window. This works well also!
Can I use the window screen to keep my cat safe at home?
Yes you can!
In fact many of our customers install these screens to keep their cats safe.
For this purpose, they only install the mesh on those windows where their cats like to look at. This is a very cost effective way of using our window mesh.
Our customers who adopted their cats from the various shelters confirm that our window screen mesh is accepted by their fosterers.
Our screens are ideal for those owners who need to keep their cat safe in highrise buildings & condo’s.
Please also check out our special cat mesh product:- https://simplescreens.net/product/window-mesh-for-cats
Could it be installed from inside and yet placed behind the sliding window part?
Will the adhesive tape damage the paint on a wall?
Is the mesh small enough to keep out no see ems?
Does it prevent pollen from coming into a screened porch?
Will I be able to lift it everyday to open and close my window?
Does it keep spiders out?
Can this be used for travelling? So re-usable at various places?
magnetic fly screens bunningsmagnetic fly screens kmartbunnings fly screen curtainmagnetic fly screen bunningsmagnetic fly screen kmartmagnetic fly screenmagnetic fly screensmagnetic fly screens bunningsmagnetic fly screens kmartbunnings fly screen curtainmagnetic fly screen bunningsmagnetic flyscreenmagnetic flyscreensmagnetic fly screen kmartmagnetic fly screen windowdiy magnetic fly screensmagnetic fly screen doorbunnings magnetic fly screenflexiscreensmagnetic fly screens brisbanebrisbane magnetic screensmosquito net for windowsfly screen curtaintemporary fly screenmagnetic screenmagic sealmagnetic curtainsmagnetic fly screen doorstemporary flyscreenmagnetic insect screenpermastik magnetic insect screenmagnetic fly screens windowsbunnings magnetic fly screensbunnings magnetic flyscreenmosquito net doorcar window fly screenmagnetic insect screensfly screen magneticmagnetic window screenmagnet fly screenmagnetic door curtainportable fly screenmagnetic fly screen window bunningsvelcro fly screenmagnetic fly screens perthmagnetic screensmagnetic fly screens melbournemagnetic fly screens for campervansmagnetic fly screens for casement windowsmagnetic window fly screensfly curtain bunningsmagic seal magnetic insect screenstemporary fly screen windowcaravan magnetic insect screensmagnetic fly screens kmart aumagic seal screensmagic mesh kmartmagnetic mosquito netcar fly screenmagnetic window screenstemporary fly screen doormagnetic screens brisbanemagnetic fly screen mastersmagicseal insect screensmagic mesh australiainsect curtainsdiy magnetic fly screen kitszone hardware magnetic fly screen curtainmagnetic insect screens bunningstemporary window screenportable fly screens for windowsmagnetic screens for windowsmagnetic meshmagic seal fly screensdiy magnetic insect screensmagnetic mosquito screenmagnetic window fly screenmagnetic insect screen for windowsmagnetic fly wire screenstemporary fly screensmagnetic mesh fly screen doorflexible fly screensmagnetic bug screenscreen magnet